About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Turkey Leftover Experience



A creative outlet for me is cooking and baking. It’s like a game for me to come up with something creative to do with leftovers. My grandfather who was an amazing chef and baker told me at a very young age that you have to cook by feel. He taught me to use my senses of touch, taste and smell. My mom who is also an incredible cook, taught me to cook by sight. That not only must the food taste good but the presentation has to be great - making meals based on colours, textures and the dishes they are served in.

I don’t think I inherited their cooking talents.

Sometimes my creations are pure genius... rarely. If it’s at least picture worthy I consider it a success, although hungry tummies would disagree. This time of year leftover turkey has always been a challenge. Over the years, I’ve tried Turkey Tetrazzini. Turkey and pasta? It could work. Not so much. Turkey Congee. My mom makes this rice gruel. It might not sound like much but it’s actually quite good. Turkey Stir Fry. Disastrous! Which quickly turned into Turkey Fried Rice. Meh. Basically, my recommendation is to keep turkey away from any exotic dishes like Turkey Tacos or Butter Curry Turkey... That is the extent of my cooking creativity with turkey.

What does work quite well is Turkey Soup. Who doesn’t love a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter day. Turkey Salad. Good on a sandwich or a cracker. Turkey Pizza. Just plain fun. You can’t go wrong with pizza. A couple years ago I finally landed on Turkey Pot Pie. Comfort food at it’s finest! So simple to make and always enjoyed by the whole family. In fact, my mom emailed me today to say she made her first Turkey Pot Pie and just wanted me to know that it was really good! Haha, the greatest compliment in the world! Thank you mom, but I know somehow you will make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment