About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Monday, April 4, 2011

A word from Kyle, our BH high school intern


"My name is Kyle Kelly and I recently started a co-op placement with BrandHealth. I was recently accepted to Humber College for the Applied Bachelor of Arts: Creative Advertising Degree program. I saw that BrandHealth could offer me opportunities that I would not have with a regular school program which is why I applied for a placement

When I began my placement I had quite high expectations due to BrandHealth winning the employer of the year and I was not let down. I was immediately accepted throughout the business and have had the opportunity to see how the advertising industry works. In the four weeks that I have been with Brand Health I have helped with designing a logo, sat in on meetings, and worked on numerous photo shoots. 

I have also received help and pointers on my own work which has improved my skill with programs such as Photoshop. Because of the nature of the industry I have also been exposed to programs that I would have otherwise not used. I believe that the knowledge of programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Flash will benefit me when I go to school next year as I won’t have to learn as much of the program. 


BrandHealth’s staff is very knowledgeable and easy going which creates a very positive environment to enter as a high school student. The young, fresh approach to advertising is an environment that truly sets that bar for me and over the next few months I expect that I will only gain more Knowledge and skills about the industry as I spend more time with the BrandHealth team."    – Kyle



I’m very pleased that we could offer Kyle this internship at BrandHealth. I’m also happy to hear he is learning a lot from the team. I have to admit, I always hesitate when it comes to high school interships as I never know if we can provide enough challenges to the students in such a limited timeframe. I do hope Kyle can look upon this opportunity as a great learning experience. In a short period of time he has shown maturity and initiative beyond his years. Any task he is given he does well and exceeds expectations. I know he has made himself very valuable to BrandHealth and we are most appreciative of all the work he has done.

So, for the last part of your internship, Kyle... I will be challenging you with creating an internal video from concept to final execution.
If you are reading this, come and see me and I will brief you on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment