About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've got logo design on my mind...

The world is running rampant with logos. For inspiration I usually hit the web for some visual cues. Today as I was ‘researching’, my mind automatically started to classify the logos I saw into groups or logo types and I thought I would share. 


Everyone is familiar with your basic wordmark logo. These logos use unique typographical treatments to communicate the brand’s message or positioning. When done thoughtfully, wordmarks can leave a definite impression.

Using a letter or letters as a symbol was another popular logo type. Love these.

An icon/symbol/mark is a pictorial representation. The image is usually a reference to the company, product or a brand attribute.

Abstraction uses graphical forms to convey a concept that is relevant to the brand message. Personally, I find these the most fun to design but the most difficult to sell to the client!

And finally emblems. I very rarely design this type of logo but it might be due to the nature of the brands I work on. I don't find emblems appropriate but maybe I should try!

Did I miss any?? For more great examples of logo design be sure to check out  http://creattica.com/ (where I collected these examples). Tomorrow, basic elements that make a good logo...

No comments:

Post a Comment