About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mmmm... pancakes!




Whether you observe Lent or not, what better day to whip up a batch of yummy pancakes than, well, Pancake Tuesday?

Pancakes make for a great morning. And, it’s a good sign when you don’t blow a fuse! I think BrandHealth should start everyday like this. All you can eat pancakes with your choice of apple compote, fresh fruit, real maple syrup, fake syrup and whip cream.

Thank you to Mark for his splendid photos! Thank you to our organizers and flippers – Kendra, Tracy, Christine, and Mike, directed by our in-house pancake expert, Chris. (Paul, you and your homemade waffles were missed!) We thought we would keep it simple with just pancakes à la Aunt Jemima. And, I think that worked out just fine. The apple compote I made went over really well... Well, everyone ‘said’ they liked it. Lol - thank you.

As I sat with Randi, Deanna, Diana and Sarah to eat my pancakes, I couldn’t help but think how uniquely, wonderful BrandHealth is as a company. We are fortunate to call each other not just co-workers, but friends too. On behalf of everyone at BrandHealth a big thank you to the partners for again supporting, encouraging and participating in these events. I know how much behind the scenes work it takes and it would probably be easier to not do it at all. But, that is never an option. For that I am grateful. It’s what fuels my dedication to this company. I will never take for granted all the appreciation you show us - your employees - and I know you don’t see us ‘as employees’ which is a big part of why BrandHealth is such a special place to work.

So! By my calculations... About 6 dozen pancakes + 4 Litres of Nata’s coffee + 3 jugs of juice + 3 cups of apple compote + 4 bowls of strawberries and bananas + 2 cans of whip cream + 2 litres of syrup + one pound of butter = 20 happy Brandhealth tummies!

To the few BHers that missed it, here are the pics... Sorry, no leftovers!




No comments:

Post a Comment