About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Friday, January 13, 2012

My first 5k run!




And, I predict it might also be my last… God help me. I have never jogged a day in my life. I don't work out. I don't play any sports. Hell, I don't even eat properly. Some can attest that my favourite food for breakfast is a bag of potato chips. (Potato chips is a food group right?) And, up until about 3 hours ago I didn't even own a pair of running shoes. 

But, I do have one thing going for me… my genes. Despite my unhealthy habits, my body is in fairly good working condition. I'm trim and I'm determined! AND, it's for a good cause http://www.peterboroughymca.org/marathon

So, it's six weeks away and I need to prep. In true digital fashion I have downloaded the 'Couch to 5K' app. Looks like I'm working out 3 days a week, alternating between walking and jogging, each session is 25-30 minutes. I can track my achievements, select my own music, the audio coach will tell me when to walk and when to jog. Then I can share my progress on Facebook and Twitter… well, if that isn't incentive right there.

My brother who is my human coach says, that it's all mental. I have to start to visualize and I have to set a goal… If I'm going to do this, I might as well DO THIS. So, my goal is to jog the full 5K (unless of course I go into cardiac arrest). Yes, I'm an overachiever, but that's my goal. Let's see if I can get there.

Next is diet… okay, I will worry about that later. Let me put a pair of running shoes on first.

A big thank you to everyone that has sponsored me and an even bigger thank you to the ones that don't laugh when I tell them that I'm doing this. Hey, if anyone has any spare cash around… aaaand you're by chance looking to sponsor someone in a 5K run… I'm just sayin!!! 

You know what? I'm kind of excited :)

2 comments:

  1. Woot, woot! 5k today...marathons tomorrow...you just never know! (Tip: buy yourself something fancy when it's all over with. Totally worth it. Kind of. Not really, but whatever.) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Great tip, that's my kind of motivation! And I love your blog, great inspiration there!! I just need to take that first step :)

    ReplyDelete