About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Monday, February 7, 2011

What was your favourite?



Some may know the Super Bowl for the game of football. I know it for being the hottest night for commercials. I'm not going to get into any Super Bowl talk, but here are some numbers around the commercials played last night. Apparently, there were 76 national television ads. Twenty-six of those ads were for cars (19) or car-related products (7) like Cars.com and Carfax, easily outdistancing those other products that often dominate Super Bowls: Beer (6), Soda (7), and Snacks (5), although movie trailers (16) accounted for the second highest number of spots. Overall, it felt like a lack luster night for creativity and humour. I think the number one commercial clearly was the VW ad, as reviewed by our very own Amy:


"Here’s mine (and not because I drive a VW).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

Great insight (who doesn’t wish they had superpowers), great storytelling.
And the whole thing couldn’t be done without hero’ing the product so what more could you want?!!

Oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers was pretty good too."
/ab


Just for old times sake, here's the famous Apple Super Bowl ad that aired in 1884. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment