About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 poster design - ReFrame International Film Festival



BrandHealth started designing posters for the ReFrame Film Festival in 2008. The poster selected this year was created by our talented Spencer. It’s a simple but dramatic layout that will certainly draw attention. I was particularly impressed with his organization of an incredible amount of copy. Great job Spenny! I can appreciate how busy you were with client jobs but you still found time during lunch or after work to do this. And you did it with enthusiasm. Thank you.

When ReFrame first launched their film festival, approximately 2,000 people were in attendance. That was seven years ago. This year the film festival will show 60 international films from 15 different countries and host as many as 8,000 people. I’m proud to have BrandHealth be a supporter of this event. Kudos to Krista and her team for being incredible people to work with, but for also for dedicating your time and energy to make these international films accessible to Peterborough and surrounding area.

I hear this year's lineup will showcase documentaries from the streets of Gaza, to India, Afghanistan, Egypt, Burma and the Netherlands. Opening night at Showplace will feature Waste Land, an Oscar nominated film that follows a Brazilian artist into one of the world's largest garbage dumps. It will also feature local films such as Family on the Edge, directed by Andrée Cazabon, which explores a father's determination to hang onto his children as he moves his family to the Youth Emergency Shelter in Peterborough.

So, if you are looking for something to do in Peterborough - the weekend of January 28-30th - get a ticket. I promise you won’t be disappointed. Tickets are available around town. If you need more information... Check out the poster 
and I hope to see you there!  


Or visit their blog http://reframefilmfestival.blogspot.com/ 

4 comments:

  1. The poster looks awesome and I agree that it is jam-packed with info! We gave a copy of the poster along with two festival passes as a Christmas gift to our son. This year's line up looks very interesting.
    On another note, perhaps it's time to resurrect my blog as well.
    R!B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Randy! You know I probably owe you a beer for introducing me to Krista and ReFrame in the first place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sacha,
    Great write up. We love the poster design. It's eye catching and flows beautifully. Spencer is a great person to work with which is also a real bonus. We love working with Brandhealth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime Krista! Hey, if you're not too busy I should be available for lunch sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete