About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chronicles of riding

January 17, 2009 - My very first lesson on Dallas. It's okay, you can laugh.

January 22, 2011 - Two years later, me and Beau.


A little over two years ago today, I started horseback riding lessons. I remember it well. It was –20C (today was a balmy -15C). My coach was Stephanie and my horse was Dallas. Some consider him a pony I think because of his height (just over 14 hands). At the time I thought he was gigantic and I was stricken with shear terror as Steph coaxed me through the proper mounting procedure. But, once I got on, there was no turning back. I was, to say the least... obsessed. (I know heads are nodding.)

I won’t get into every lesson I’ve had or the goals I’ve achieved or the questions I still have (I would love to, but I will spare you.) I will, however, in honour of my 2nd anniversary thank everyone that has had to listen to all my horsey antics (especially Randi!!!); to all my Facebook friends and family that has had to filter through all my horse related postings (and there were many); to all who supported me and let me into their horsey worlds; to Janice for always accommodating me at her barn and to my coach (Amy) for sharing with me her patience and immense knowledge!

July 2010, Central Park, NYC
(L to R) Paul on Prancer, Chris on Slip, Me on Poncho, Christine on Breeze.

A special thank you to Paul (Tracy and the BH partners) for setting up a trail ride through Central Park at our manager’s meeting in New York City... AND for accompanying me on the trail ride... AND THEN hanging on bravely as I gloriously trotted down the concrete pathways while their horses followed enthusiastically! That will always be a great horsey moment for me! 



Summer 2009 - Randi and Freddi and what I aspire to.

But, I mostly want to thank Randi who has encouraged me from the very start and has shared with me everything horsey, including barn chores, horse births, horse illnesses and her sister Stacey, who introduced me to fox hunting and Woodrow! I couldn’t have done it without you, Randi. Thank you, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Wow, two years went by really fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment