About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Friday, January 7, 2011

3 things I learned about hockey



I have lived in Canada for thirty-odd years now but I don’t know that much about hockey... Who am I kiddin. I know nothing about hockey. But Wednesday night’s Junior’s Gold Medal game was of particular interest to me because Lisa’s brother was playing on the Canadian team. That’s Lisa in the pic with her husband Dan talking to Chris and Mike (photo taken by Paul Hickey - a different Paul from the broken Fibula Paul, see previous blog). She works with us at BrandHealth and her younger brother is Marcus Foligno (number 17). I know Lisa as an amazing Account Coordinator that works with me on the Lilly brand. She is hard working, a pleasure to work with and often the last person in the office with me late at night. But apparently, she leads this whole other life in the hockey world! Lisa often shakes her head at me and my lack of knowledge... Interest(?) of this sport.

She would have been pretty proud of me Wednesday night though as I cheered the team on. She would have thought I was a diehard fan. I cheered at all the right moments and by the end of the game I felt the loss about as hard as any fan would. Even I felt that devastation to my very core. One night of hockey does not make me an expert but I did learn 3 things :

1. Icing!
I learned that icing is when a player on his own side of the red line shoots the puck all the way past the opponent's goal line without the puck going into the net. Still a foreign concept to me but I’m working through it.

 2. It ain’t over till it’s over. A quote from a baseball player pertaining to baseball... But it works for hockey too!

3. If
you don't win gold, it doesn't mean much.

I know coming from me this won't mean much but congratulations to the silver medal winners! Lisa you must be so proud of your brother, what an honour to have been part of the team. I know he will go on to achieve great things!! I wish I could have experienced the exhilaration of a Canadian gold win but you know what this means, don’t you? I’m going to have to watch more hockey...
 



Oh gosh, where are my Canadian manners. To the Russian Juniors congratulations on a well deserved gold win!

2 comments:

  1. how old are you? you keep hinting, but you never say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really think I'm going to answer that question :)

    ReplyDelete