About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Helvetica is like the Beatles"



"I remember having drunken conversations with my college buddies one night about our favorite fonts basically boring the non-designer girlfriends and boyfriends to death forcing them to find a 9mm with one bullet in the chamber. But us designers got right in the mix of it all and tried to persuade others into what we thought was our favorite fonts.  My eastern European friends were all about the Helveticas out there. Very structured, very clean.  Helvetica was like the Beatles :”You can’t say it’s a bad font if milllions of people love it and use it!” I personally loved any type of Germanic Font just to push that whole Skater/Biker feel for any cool stuff that I did. 
But when it comes to layouts, Caslon, Garamond,Baskerville and Gill Sans are my favs. Cartoony stuff – Yikes!  Is my go-to font. Helvetica is my fail safe." - Paul A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment