About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What do you do for exercise?



I know this time of year when all the turkey dinners and holiday desserts are sitting on the hips, everyone’s starting to think “gym membership”. But, what I really want to know is – what do you do to exercise your brain? Do you do anything at all?

Why do I ask?

As a consumer and being in the business of knowing the consumer, I am constantly aware of the massive changes in communications around us. The way we communicate and how we communicate are evolving. From the days of personal computing to internet computing, we are now entering the age of mobile computing. What does that mean? It means the demands of work and life are going to grow. No longer will you have your quiet commute home. With mobile computing you can now fit in that conference call with your marketing department, GPS the arena location of your son’s hockey game, update your Facebook status (I’m assuming you are commuting on a train here because nobody would do this while driving) text your kids and call home to let them know you’re on your way. I know that was a really rough scenario and not everyone can relate. But, you will still be affected as the world of communications change. Does everyone you know own a cell phone? First thing in the morning, do you roll over and give your spouse a kiss or do you reach for your phone? (Guilty.) You will be expected to multi-task and process information more quickly and efficiently than ever before. Is the ol’ noggin ready for that?

Luckily the web is filled with brain teasers and they’re free. You can easily find brain fitness workouts that can help your mind process information more quickly, and more efficiently, as well as the ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time. Some can help build concentration and increase your brain speed. I woke up this morning and did three Sudoku puzzles. Screwed up the last one tho... Damn.

The beauty of mobile computing is... you can take a break from it anytime you want. As I’m going to do now...  time for me to shut this laptop down and saddle up for a winter hack.

For those of you heading back to work tomorrow, I do want to leave you with one small brain teaser to jump start your brain...


Saturday and Sunday, I am big.
Tuesday and Thursday I am small.
Monday and Friday I am non-existent.
What am I?

Enjoy!

3 comments: