About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Try the Stroop Test: better than coffee to wake the brain



The Stroop Test is a psychological task of your mental vitality and flexibility. Quick! Say aloud as fast as you can what colour you see in every word, NOT the word you read, just the colour.

It’s a lot more challenging than it might seem. If you want to time yourself, check out this link. The first test will ask you to read the words. The second test will ask you to say the colours.  
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/ready.html

Then you can compare your score with my score:
Test 1: 9.21 sec
Test 2: 15.6 sec

Why? 
I don’t know... seemed like a fun idea at the time.

1 comment:

  1. wow this is really hart for me to say the color without the word...lol isnt that so cool and hart?

    ReplyDelete