About Me

My photo
Welcome to 22 Revisions - a blog documenting what I do at work and in life... I’m Sacha and I’ve been in the advertising business for 22 years. In the summer of 2008, I moved my family from Cambridge to a little city north of Toronto called Peterborough to work at an advertising agency called BrandHealth. It has been challenging and unpredictable but the most important revision I have ever made. I am definitely not the most dedicated blogger, nor the most interesting person that has blogged but I hope my sporadic blogs provide some insights into this amazing city, company, industry and people I work with...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chris' favourite iPhone app



"Dragon Dictation
Two Thumbs Ups! For iPhone users with big thumbs who haven’t mastered the keypad on their iPhones. Tracy, our Executive Assistant to the President and Val Silva, Cognosit, were quick to point out this ‘handy’ voice recognition app. Makes texting on the go easy....check it out. ITS A FREE APP!" 
- Chris White, CFO and BrandHealth Partner

My two cents...
Chris was so pumped about this app that he hovered over me while I tested it out. It's simple. You launch the app, press record and start talking. When you're done it creates text which can then be sent as an email or text message, posted onto social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Pretty slick. Of course I think I either had marbles in my mouth or it was noisy around me cause the translation was a bit screwed up. I said "Hi Jim. How was your day?" It translated it to "Janet your day". Luckily there is a keyboard feature to fix your text. 

I tested the accuracy out a bit more and had a pleasant surprise. You can also add punctuation to your text by simply saying 'period', 'question mark', 'exclamation mark' or 'new paragraph'... I have no idea how this works but now I know why Chris was so excited! Download it while it's still free!

No comments:

Post a Comment